Oxford Nanopore Sequencing @ FGCZWe currently have a GridION X5 machine in house. A P2 Solo device will be available starting from Q4 2022.
Would you like to discuss your project, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to access the FGCZ sequencing services, please register and send a project request via B-Fabric.
Upon project approval, you will be enabled to submit an order and enter you samples into the system.
To submit samples for PacBio/Oxford Nanopore Sequencing, you must create an order within your existing project.
How to create an order in b-fabric
Our turn around times are from 4 to 6 weeks, upon sample submission.
Users that require very fast processing times are welcome to prepare the libraries and bring them to the FGCZ for sequencing.
The GridIONX5 is also accessible in walk in mode, for trained users.
Protocols and support modesProtocols available as full service: sample QC, library prep, sequencing, raw data delivery and data analysis (optional).
- DNA Sequencing by ligation, with or without native barcoding
Protocols supported in user lab mode: bring your kits and you do the library yourself, under our supervision
- rapid DNA sequencing
- 16s metagenomics
- direct cDNA or PCR-cDNA Sequencing
- direct mRNA Sequencing
- any other protocol you would like to try
Services and Prices
Instruments & Specs
|Flongle||GridION X5||P2 Solo (from Q3 2022)|
|Flow Cell Type||Flongle||MinION R9.4||PromethION R9.4|
|av. read length||10-30 Kb||10-30 Kb||10-30 Kb|
|expected output||up to 1Gb||4-15 Gb||30-90 Gb|
|av. read length||1-10 Kb||1-10 Kb||1-10 Kb|
|number of reads||0.2-0.5M||1-10 M||40-70M|
|av. read length||N/A||1-2kb||1-2kb|
|number of reads||N/A||up to 1M||up to 3M|
The av. Read Length depends on the size of the DNA library
Recommended input amountsDNA Ligation kit= at least 2ug of gDNA for each flow cell to be sequenced
cDNA PCR kit= 50-100ng of total RNA per flow cell to be sequenced
direct cDNA kit= at least 100ng of polyA RNA per flow cell to be sequenced
Important measures impacting DNA qualityTo maximise read length and quality, it is essential that your DNA sample:
- is double-stranded; single-stranded DNA is not compatible with the library preparation process.
- has not undergone multiple freeze-thaw cycles as they can lead to DNA damage.
- has not been exposed to high temperatures (e.g.: > 65oC for 1 hour can cause a detectable decrease in sequence
quality), pH extremes (< 6 or > 9).
- has an OD260/OD280 ratio of 1.8 to 2.0.
- does not contain insoluble material.
- does not contain RNA contamination.
Recommended DNA Extraction methods
Recommended RNA Extraction methods
Back to Long Read Sequencing @FGCZ
Back to FGCZ Main Page